Level 2 Part 2
Monday 15th – Saturday 20th January 2018
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd WA
A Vision for Children
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd offers Christian formation for children ages 3 through 12. Through this experience, children are helped to form an authentic, faithful relationship with God. The Catechesis is grounded in scriptural and liturgical study framed by Maria Montessori’s principles of education. The children are given the opportunity to hear the Gospel and absorb its message through the use of sensorially rich materials and the work of their hands.
You are invited to participate in this Level II Part 2 formation, which will be a personal faith enrichment retreat as well as prepare you to work in an atrium with children ages 6 to 9 years old if you choose to.
The Level II course continues the themes of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd begun in Level I formation. It is essential that those taking this course have completed their Level I formation. The objectives of this Level II formation include:
- To explore the religious nature and the developmental plane of the 6 to 9 year old child;
- To continue the presentation of the methodology and guiding principles of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, with a focus on moral formation that includes preparation for the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation;
- To broaden the catechist’s ability to observe and learn from children, to listen with children to Scripture, and to deepen the catechist’s enjoyment of God’s presence;
- To offer guidelines and assistance in preparing the atrium environment and in making the catechist’s album and catechetical material;
- To meditate on the biblical and liturgical themes presented to the 6 to 9 year old child.
This course is a spiritual formation experience for adults, as well as instruction in this method of catechesis for children. The pace of the course is retreat-like in keeping with its contemplative nature of the CGS approach. Presentations are given from Scripture and liturgy as they are given to the children. Adults will receive background information on selected themes and will be encouraged to read the core CGS texts throughout the course. Participants who complete this formation will receive a certificate from the Australian Association of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
Coffee/Tea and snacks will be served during the course hours. We ask participants to bring their own lunch. Be aware in order to fulfill the 45-hour requirement for certification, there may be a few days of working lunches. Tuition for the formation is $350. See booking form for details about payment.
Mary Hare, the current President of the Australian Association of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. We are very grateful to have Mary join us and share her many years of experience working with children and adults in CGS.
Marie Fernandez, is a catechist from Western Australia who has worked in all levels of CGS. Marie is the current secretary of CGSWA as well as editor of the Green Pastures Australian Journal for CGS.
45 Wellington Road Morley WA 6062
Next door to Infant Jesus Catholic Church, park at rear or in the church carpark.
Phone: 0405 310 197
(please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Completed L1P1, L1P2, L2P1, L2P2, L3P1, L3P2 (please circle)
Please pay via direct deposit to: Catechesis of the Good Shepherd WA Inc BSB: 086-006 Acct No: 19-562-9916 Amount $350